What is the Gospel?
The word gospel simply means good news. If you understand and believe it, the gospel is the best news that you will ever hear! It is this good news that gives you the ability to know God, to love God, and to escape your bondage in sin, and the ultimate penalty of that sin: eternal death and separation from God. The following are the essential points of this good news that God graciously reveals in the Bible:
- God created and owns everything, including you – Genesis 1:1, Psalm 242:1
- God is perfectly holy – Matthew 5:48
- God requires perfect obedience to His law – James 2:10
- All men have broken God’s law, or sinned, and fallen short of His glory – Romans 3:23
- Our sin results in death and separation from God – Romans 6:23
- Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, came to earth as both God and sinless man – Colossians 2:9
- While we were sinners, Christ died in our place on the cross, and was raised from the dead – Romans 5:8, Acts 2:32-36
- Because Christ suffered the full wrath of God for our sin, we can be given His righteousness – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- God saves by His grace, not because of any effort or works on our part – Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5
- We are commanded to repent and believe the Gospel – Mark 1:15, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
ADMIT That You Are A Sinner
- Romans 3:10 – None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.
- Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.
BELIEVE in The Lord Jesus
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 10:9-10 – If you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified
REPENT and CONFESS Jesus as Lord and Savior
- You must repent, or turn away from, all that dishonors God – Isaiah 55:7, Luke 9:23
- Romans 10:9 – If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you will be saved… with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
- Romans 10:!3 – For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Call upon the Lord to save you…
Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I know that you are a Holy God and that my sin has separated me from you. I’m sorry for my sin and I know that I owe a debt which I cannot pay. I believe that you died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sin and that you rose on the third day so that I could be free from sin’s power.
Lord, I ask you to save me and forgive me of my sins, and to help me to turn away from sin and to follow you. From this day forward, I repent and put all my trust in you. Lord, I surrender my life to you. Show me how to honor you and live a Christian life. In Jesus name, Amen
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone about your spiritual condition, Contact Us. We would be happy to assist you and look forward to sharing God’s grace.